As gaming culture has surged in popularity, laptops have undergone significant updates to cater to the needs of gamers. The gaming laptop category stands out as a dominant segment, offering superior performance compared to regular units. Furthermore, the quality of displays has seen substantial improvements, enhancing the gaming experience. Notably, the 240Hz gaming laptop has gained popularity thanks to its higher refresh rates, which contribute to more immersive gameplay.
The higher refresh rate of 240 frames per second ensures smoother video output, resulting in a gaming experience that is both immersive and free from lag. These laptops are engineered to handle demanding games and software, making them a preferred choice for gamers seeking top-tier performance.
Since these laptops are purpose-built for handling resource-intensive games and software, several key factors play a critical role in determining their performance:
CPU (Central Processing Unit): The CPU is the cornerstone of a gaming laptop’s performance as it manages critical data processing tasks. Given the performance-centric nature of gaming, a powerful CPU is imperative. Efficient data transfer relies on the CPU operating at a certain clock speed, and various CPUs are available with unique specifications.
2. RAM and Storage Capacity: Random Access Memory (RAM) plays a vital role in a gaming laptop’s performance, enabling it to handle complex data. Starting with 16GB of RAM is a solid foundation. Storage capacity is equally essential as it stores software and games. Good storage with a 1TB SSD drive ensures rapid game loading and optimal performance.
3. Graphics Card: When superior graphics rendering is required, a dedicated graphics card becomes an indispensable component for gaming laptops. This card works in synergy with the laptop’s processor, memory, and RAM to process visual game data. The resulting processed data is then transmitted to the display, where it is presented to the user. The RTX series of graphics cards stands out for their power, making them a reliable choice.
Understanding these factors will enable you to make an informed decision when purchasing a 240Hz gaming laptop that aligns with your preferences.
To aid in your selection process, this article includes a list of the best 240Hz gaming laptops from various reputable brands. Additionally, a “Buying Guide” is provided to help you grasp the significance of these governing factors in your purchasing decision.
Best 240Hz Gaming Laptops
The ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15 boasts outstanding processing power. It features the latest Intel Core i9-12900H processor, equipped with 6 performance cores and 8 efficient cores. With 24 MB cache memory, this laptop achieves an impressive clock speed of 5.06GHz. The GeForce RTX 3070 laptop GPU delivers a total graphics power of 150W and a maximum boost of 1460MHz.
The laptop sports a 15.6-inch QHD IPS screen with a 2560×1440 pixel resolution, achieving a remarkable frame rate of 240Hz while ensuring accurate color reproduction. With 16 GB of RAM clocked at 4800MHz, multitasking is a breeze. You can store your games and files on the spacious 1 TB SSD. The AI-powered Nvidia DLSS enhances graphics rendering for a more realistic gaming experience. To effectively manage the heat generated during gaming sessions, it features an intelligent cooling system with thermal grizzly liquid metal and arc flow fans.
- Offers exceptional gaming performance
- Suitable for running high-end games and software
- User-friendly design
- Requires a flat surface for efficient heat dissipation.
The Acer Predator Triton 500 SE boasts exceptional performance capabilities. Powered by the Intel Core i9-12900H processor, this laptop with its 14 cores and 20 threads efficiently handles all computing tasks. It features the formidable GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card with 16 GB GDDR6 VRAM, ensuring seamless processing of graphics-intensive data. With a generous 32 GB DDR5 RAM, the laptop excels at multitasking without performance bottlenecks.
The laptop features a 16-inch LED display with an aspect ratio of 16:10, delivering enhanced in-game details. With a maximum resolution of 2560×1600 pixels, brightness of 500 nits, and a high 240Hz refresh rate, the gaming experience becomes truly immersive. A speedy 1 TB SSD ensures rapid game loading and minimal latency disruptions. For robust connectivity, it offers Ethernet E3100, WiFi 6E, HDMI, and USB ports.
- Sturdy build quality
- Impressive speaker quality producing accurate audio
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Not user-upgradable for RAM
The Alienware M15 R7 is engineered for raw gaming performance. It boasts the potent AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX processor, featuring 8 cores, adept at effortlessly handling high-end games. Equipped with the RTX 3070 Ti graphics card, delivering a robust 170W graphical power, and paired with a generous 32 GB of RAM, this laptop ensures a gaming experience devoid of latency issues.
The 15.6-inch screen, with a QHD display boasting a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels, reproduces accurate colors and maintains a swift 240Hz refresh rate, allowing gamers to enjoy exquisite in-game details. For storage, a 1 TB SSD is provided, offering both ample space and rapid boot times. The thermal design is meticulously crafted to endure the elevated temperatures generated during extended gaming sessions, with Cryo-tech cooling fans and hexagonal vents facilitating efficient heat dissipation. The inclusion of a Cherry MX mechanical keyboard ensures tactile feedback, a crucial aspect of gaming, while Dolby Atmos delivers immersive surround sound.
- Premium design with robust build quality
- Effective thermal management
- Includes a 6-month migration service and a 1-year premium warranty
- The fan may produce louder noise during operation
The Razer Blade 15 boasts a CNC-milled aluminum body, exemplifying its robust construction. Powering this laptop is a formidable 12th generation Intel Core i7 processor, delivering a clock speed of 4.8GHz across 14 cores. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card collaborates with AI-powered Nvidia DLSS to enhance laptop performance, resulting in accelerated data processing and an enriched gaming experience. With a generous 16 GB of DDR5 RAM, multitasking on this laptop is a breeze.
Storage needs are met by a dedicated 1 TB SSD, offering ample space and rapid loading times. The 240Hz QHD display ensures higher refresh rates, enhancing gameplay smoothness. When gaming sessions elevate temperatures, the vapor cooling chamber, in tandem with exhaust fins, thermal liquid, and cooling fans, efficiently dissipates heat, maintaining laptop performance. Connectivity options include Bluetooth, HDMI, USB-C ports, and an SD card slot. The laptop’s backlit keyboard features built-in RGB lights for customization.
- Accurate color reproduction
- Comes with a 1-year repair coverage
- Average battery life when doing intensive tasks
The laptop features an AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor, known for its stellar performance. With a maximum clock speed of 1560 MHz and a power rating of 140W, it ensures responsive gaming. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card handles the rendering of visual data, enhancing your gaming experience.
With 16 GB of RAM, you can seamlessly switch between multiple tasks without encountering lag. The spacious 1 TB SSD provides ample storage for your files, games, and software. The 15.6-inch FHD screen boasts a 240Hz refresh rate and thin bezels, offering an immersive gaming experience.
Connectivity options include WiFi 6, a LAN port, HDMI, USB ports, and more, ensuring you stay connected with low latency. The laptop also features NAHIMIC 3D audio, delivering accurate surround sound via its speakers.
- Efficient RAM management for multitasking
- Excellent network connectivity for online gaming
- Budget-friendly gaming laptop
- Speakers may not be very loud
The MSI Raider GE67Hx 12UGS-070 boasts a futuristic body design and delivers powerful performance. Equipped with a 12th generation Intel Core i7 processor, clocked at an impressive 4.8 GHz, this laptop effortlessly handles demanding games and software. Supported by 16 GB of DDR5 RAM, it adeptly manages multiple files concurrently. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti graphics card ensures precise and detailed rendering of visuals on the screen.
The laptop features a 15.6-inch OLED QHD screen with a 240Hz refresh rate, delivering exceptionally smooth video output, even during intense gaming sessions. Storage needs are met by a 1 TB NVMe SSD, facilitating quick access to stored data. Both the keyboard and the laptop’s outer body sport RGB lights, contributing to a futuristic aesthetic.
- Provides exceptional performance and effective heat control.
- The OLED display doesn’t lag even when playing online games.
- Boasts a sturdy build quality and premium feel
- The fan can become noisy during operation
This VR-ready laptop is equipped with an Intel Core i7-11800H processor, ensuring reliable performance for gaming and more. Handling the graphical data is the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card with 8 GB VRAM, boasting a power rating of 125W. Paired with 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, this laptop seamlessly juggles multiple tasks.
The laptop features a 15.6-inch QHD display with a 240Hz refresh rate, enhanced by G-Sync technology for accurate color reproduction. A 512 GB SSD provides ample storage for your favorite games and software. To maintain optimal temperature, the laptop employs vapor chambers, vents, and cooling fans. The low-profile Cherry mechanical keyboard offers tactile feedback, enhancing the gaming experience. Connectivity options include Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB ports, HDMI ports, and more.
- The display is better than expected for both offline and online gaming.
- Offers strong performance at a budget-friendly price point
- Efficient RAM management keeps the system ready for multitasking
- Utilizes DDR4 RAM, which has slightly lower performance compared to DDR5 counterparts
This laptop boasts an 11th gen Intel Core i7 processor known for its outstanding performance. For accurate graphics processing, it features the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card with 8GB VRAM. With a clock speed boost of 1390 MHz, this GPU delivers a power rating of 80W. The 16 GB DDR4 RAM provides temporary storage for computing large data files.
The laptop’s 15.6-inch IPS FHD screen displays accurate colors and game details. With a high refresh rate of 240Hz, gaming feels smooth and immersive. The 1 TB SSD stores large files and loads them quickly when needed. Connectivity options include WiFi 6, Bluetooth, USB ports, and more, ensuring seamless network connectivity. The ROG intelligent cooling system efficiently manages heat to keep the laptop cool.
- Slim and stylish design, measuring just 0.8 inches in thickness
- Efficient cooling system keeps the laptop running smoothly under heavy loads
- Excellent power management for extended battery life
- Webcam needs to be purchased separately
Powered by an 11th gen Intel Core i7 processor, this laptop handles heavy games with ease. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card, equipped with 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, excels in graphic rendering, boasting a clock speed that reaches 1560 MHz and a combined graphics power of 130W.
The laptop’s 16 GB RAM can be expanded up to 64 GB, further enhancing its robust performance. It includes a 1 TB SSD to ensure swift loading of games and software. The 15.6-inch FHD IPS screen offers a detailed video output with a 1920×1080 pixel resolution and an impressive 240Hz refresh rate, allowing you to experience games frame by frame. The built-in cooling system efficiently dissipates heat to maintain consistent laptop performance.
- Features an advanced body design
- Excellent performance within its segment
- Effective cooling system to maintain laptop temperature under heavy usage
- Speaker quality falls short of expectations
How to Choose the Best 240Hz Gaming Laptop for You
If you’re in the market for a high-performance gaming laptop with a 240Hz display, you’ll want to consider several key factors to ensure you get the best one for your needs. Here’s a comprehensive buying guide to help you make an informed decision:
1. CPU (Central Processing Unit):
- The CPU is a critical component of any gaming laptop as it handles data processing instructions and overall system control.
- Look for CPUs that can deliver high clock speeds and handle the demands of modern games. Intel’s 12th generation Core i9 series and AMD’s Ryzen 9 series are excellent choices.
- Consider the number of CPU cores and threads as more cores can provide better multitasking performance.
2. Storage Capacity:
- RAM (Random Access Memory) is crucial for smooth multitasking and gaming performance. A minimum of 16 GB is recommended, but 32 GB is even better for future-proofing.
- Storage capacity is essential for storing games and software. SSDs (Solid State Drives) are faster and more efficient than traditional HDDs (Hard Disk Drives). A 1 TB SSD is a good starting point for storage.
3. Graphics Card:
- A powerful graphics card is essential for rendering high-quality visuals in games. Look for gaming laptops equipped with Nvidia GeForce RTX 3000 series GPUs.
- The specific model depends on your budget and gaming needs. The RTX 3060, 3070, 3080, and their Ti variants offer various levels of performance.
4. Screen Size:
- Choose a screen size that suits your preferences. Common options include 15-inch, 15.6-inch, 16-inch, and 17-inch displays.
- Larger screens provide a more immersive gaming experience but may make the laptop less portable.
5. Connectivity Technology:
- A stable and fast internet connection is crucial for online gaming. Look for gaming laptops with Ethernet ports for wired connections, especially if you’re into competitive gaming.
- WiFi 6 is a must for wireless connectivity, offering high-speed and reliable wireless connections.
- Bluetooth connectivity is useful for connecting peripherals like headphones, controllers, and mice.
- USB ports are essential for connecting various accessories, so ensure the laptop has enough of them. HDMI ports are also helpful for connecting to external displays.
- Gaming laptops are a significant investment, so consider the warranty provided by the manufacturer.
- Most gaming laptops come with a standard 1-year warranty, but some manufacturers offer extended warranties or additional coverage for specific types of damage.
- Read the warranty terms and conditions carefully to understand what is covered and any limitations.
Remember that gaming laptops can get hot during extended gaming sessions, so ensure that the laptop you choose has effective cooling mechanisms to maintain performance. Additionally, consider factors like keyboard quality, build materials, and portability based on your preferences.
FAQs for 240Hz gaming laptops
1. How much RAM does a 240Hz gaming laptop need?
The amount of RAM required for a 240Hz gaming laptop depends on the user’s specific requirements. For mid-level gaming and general usage, 16 GB of RAM is usually sufficient. However, for running resource-intensive software or playing demanding games, opting for 32 GB or more of RAM is recommended. Additionally, considering the RAM’s clock speed is essential for minimizing latency.
2. What laptop with 240Hz is regarded as best for gaming?
The best 240Hz gaming laptop can vary depending on the user’s specific needs and preferences. Factors such as performance, pricing, and personal gaming requirements play a significant role in determining the ideal gaming laptop. It’s essential to carefully consider these factors to select the best gaming laptop for your needs.
3. Does the RTX 3080 support 240Hz gaming laptops?
Yes, 240Hz gaming laptops are capable of supporting the Nvidia RTX 3080 graphics card. The RTX 3080 is designed to deliver high frame rates, ensuring a smooth gaming experience with minimal lag. These graphics cards are typically paired with various configurations of RAM, CPUs, and other components to optimize overall performance.
4. What games run at 240Hz on gaming laptops?
A 240Hz gaming laptop is capable of running a wide range of games, including online first-person shooters, action games, racing games, and more. Thanks to its performance-oriented specifications, it can handle demanding titles smoothly. Additionally, older games can also be played on these laptops, although they may not fully utilize the high refresh rate as they were not designed for it.