Choosing the proper hardware for a gaming setup is difficult these days. It can be exhausting to choose the proper mouse and experiment with the right monitor stand. Ultimately, you wouldn’t want to play your favourite game on a display that stutters or tears. Additionally, you wouldn’t want to swap between your PC and game console by plugging and unplugging your display cables. Thus, we’ve put together a list of the top gaming monitors that support two HDMI inputs.
A dual HDMI display allows you to switch between two input sources while eliminating the inconvenience of plugging and unplugging multiple input cables. For example, a gaming monitor with dual HDMI ports will allow you to connect your PS4 and Amazon Fire TV Stick to the monitor.
Today’s monitors go beyond VGA inputs and include a variety of input ports such as HDMI and DisplayPort.
Let’s look at the best gaming monitors with two HDMI ports.
Top 5 Gaming Monitors With 2 HDMI Ports
The MSI Optix UW-QHD boasts a 3440 x 1440 resolution, a 34-inch ultrawide VA panel, and a 144Hz refresh rate. This gaming monitor is packed with features, including HDR 400 support and built-in FreeSync 2 for 4K. It not only delivers on hardware specs but also stands out with its stylish design, a sleek stand, and LED lighting at the bottom. Additional features include a dedicated mouse bungee and an option for attaching a camera cradle.
Equipped with a VA panel, the monitor ensures better color accuracy and fast response times, offering three response timer modes. Despite the slower response time characteristic of VA panels, it displays 84% of the DCI-P3 color gamut. In terms of connectivity, it provides dual HDMI 2.0 ports, a USB-C port, DisplayPort 1.4b port, and three USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports, along with audio jacks.
Notably, HDMI 2.0 facilitates the transmission of a substantial amount of data, supporting simultaneous display of two video streams on the same screen. While priced higher than some alternatives, the Optix MPG341CQR justifies its cost with a rich feature set.
The Dell S3220DGF, featuring a 2560 x 1440 resolution, 32-inch VA panel, and an impressive 165Hz refresh rate, strikes a balance between a gaming and everyday use monitor. With its ultrawide form factor, it facilitates multitasking with the ability to open and edit multiple documents simultaneously. The hardware specifications include a VA panel, FreeSync 2 support, and a QHD resolution display.
The curved display adds a cool aesthetic, complemented by the almost-frameless design with a slim bezel. While designed for both gaming and work, the monitor lacks a discerning wraparound effect typical of curved displays. Despite missing an sRGB mode, it covers a decent HDR color gamut.
In terms of connectivity, the Dell S3220DGF provides ample ports, including two HDMI 2.0 ports, a DisplayPort 1.4, and two USB 3.0 downstream ports. However, it lacks built-in speakers, requiring external speakers for audio output. Overall, it offers a versatile solution for users seeking a monitor for both work and gaming.
The Samsung CHG70, with a 2560 x 1440 resolution, 32-inch VA panel, and 144Hz refresh rate, stands out for its elegant stand. Unlike typical gaming monitors, the display is simple, with the stand featuring a distinctive ring of LED lights that emit a warm glow, enhancing the overall aesthetics when placed against a wall. The flexible arm adds practicality.
This monitor excels in gaming, thanks to the realistic colors of the VA panel, a high refresh rate, and a quick 1-ms response time. It supports FreeSync 2, ensuring smooth gameplay. With accurate and vivid colors, especially in HDR-compatible games like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Borderlands 3, the CHG70 covers 125% of the sRGB color gamut.
Additionally, the downward-facing ports enhance cable management convenience. The monitor includes two HDMI 2.0 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4 connector, 3 USB 2.0 ports, and audio ports. Overall, the Samsung CHG70 combines style and performance for an impressive gaming setup.
4. AOC 27G2
The AOC 27G2, featuring a resolution of 1920 x 1080, a 27-inch IPS panel, and a commendable 144Hz refresh rate, offers a budget-friendly option with an array of impressive features. While the 1080p display might be a compromise, this monitor delivers excellent image quality with high contrast, providing deep blacks for an enhanced gaming experience.
A notable aspect of the AOC 27G2 is its aesthetic appeal, featuring narrowed bezels on three sides (except the bottom), a sleek design, futuristic-looking stand, and red highlights on the monitor’s bottom edge. Despite being a budget monitor, it maintains decent build quality for both the stand and the monitor.
In terms of connectivity, the AOC 27G2 lacks HDMI 2.0 ports but includes two HDMI 1.4 ports, a DisplayPort 1.2 port, a VGA port, a USB hub with 3x USB 3.0 ports, and a USB 3.0 port. It’s essential to note the difference in transfer rates between HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0. For those exploring alternatives, the ViewSonic XG2402 offers a similar price range, featuring a 1920 x 1080 resolution TN screen with a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz.
5. LG 27GL850
The LG 27GL850, featuring a 2560 x 1440 resolution, 27-inch IPS panel, and a 144Hz refresh rate, stands out as an excellent and affordable gaming monitor. Distinguishing itself with a remarkable 1ms GtG pixel response time, it offers vibrant colors without compromising on response time, thanks to the IPS panel. Displaying 98% of the DCI-P3 color gamut and 135% of the sRGB color gamut, it delivers vivid and punchy colors.
With a 1440p resolution, this monitor provides a crisp and detailed image, enhanced by AMD FreeSync support for eliminating ghosting and stutters, although capped at 100Hz. While supporting HDR, it falls slightly short compared to some alternatives due to the absence of local dimming.
In terms of connectivity, the LG 27GL850 offers seamless connections for consoles via HDMI, including two HDMI 2.0 ports, a DisplayPort 1.4 input, a USB 3.0 hub, and a headphones jack. Providing an impressive balance of features and affordability, it’s an excellent choice for gamers.
Please read through some of our other articles with examples and explanations if you’d like to learn more.
- HP laptops for work
- Thunderbolt 3 Laptops
- Thunderbolt 4 Laptops
- Thunderbolt Gaming Laptops
- Thunderbolt Monitors for Mac
- Ultra-thin Laptops with Long Battery Life
- 240Hz Gaming Laptop
- Laptops with OLED Displays
- Laptops with RTX Graphics and i7 Processors
- GAMING LAPTOPS UNDER $1,000
- Laptops with Thunderbolt 4 Ports and 16GB RAM
- RTX 4080 Gaming Laptops
- Affordable Laptops with Nvidia RTX 3060 Graphics
- Nvidia RTX 30 Series Laptops for Gaming
- Gaming laptops with 240Hz displays and Nvidia RTX
- Laptops with Nvidia RTX and Thunderbolt 4 Support
- Asus ROG Gaming Laptops Under $1000
- HP Omen Gaming Monitors under $500
- Gaming Laptops with 4K Resolution
- Lenovo Yoga Series Laptops
- Dell XPS 144Hz Laptops
- Asus ROG Strix laptops with 240Hz
- Gaming laptops with AMD Ryzen and Nvidia RTX
- Gaming Laptops Under $1,500
- HP Pavilion Laptops under $800
- Affordable HP Chromebooks for Students
- Affordable Laptops with Thunderbolt 4
- Laptops for eGPU
- Video-Editing Laptops
- Laptops with Long Battery Life
- Cheapest Laptops with Longest Battery Life
- Laptops with 24-Hour Battery Life
- HP Laptops with Good Battery Life
- 15-Inch Gaming and Work Laptops
- 15-Inch Laptop With i7 Processor
- i7 Windows Laptops
- Best i7 Laptops for Students
- KVM Switches for Dual Monitors
- USB-C KVM Switches
- Thunderbolt Docks
- Docking Stations for Dual Monitors
- KVM Switches
- USB-C Docking Stations
- USB-C Hubs and Dongles
- Gaming Laptop Docking Stations
- KVM Switch For Macbook
- KVM Switches For Gamer
- Affordable Docking Stations for MacBook Pro
- KVM switches for Laptops
- Triple Monitor KVM Switch
- Wireless Gaming Mouse
- RGB LED Strip Lights
- Gaming Laptop Cooling Pads
- Wireless Presentation Systems
- MacBook Pro Accessories for Video Editing
- Laptop Stands
- Thunderbolt External Hard Drives
- Power Banks
- USB-C Hubs for MacBook Pro Under $50
- MacBook Pro Cases and Sleeves
- Laptops with Backlit Keyboard and SSD
- Conference Room Webcams
- Document Cameras for Teachers
- Ring Lights
- 4K Webcam
- Webcams for MacBooks
- GoPro Accessory Kits
- Drones with 4K Cameras
- AirPods Pro 2
- Video Tripods
- Beats Wireless Earbuds
- Wireless Earbuds for Android
- Noise-Canceling Earbuds
- Earbuds for Sleeping
- Drawing Tablets
- 8-Inch Tablets
- Cool Tech Gifts
- Wireless CarPlay 2 in 1 Adapter
- 4K Gaming Monitors
- 144Hz Monitor for Gamers
- USB-C Monitors for Apple MacBook Pro and Mini
- Thunderbolt Monitors
- Monitors with In-Built KVM Switches
- Affordable Thunderbolt Monitors
- MacBook Pro IPS Monitors
- Curved Monitors for Gaming
- 5K Monitors
- 8K Monitors
- 6K Monitors
- IPS Monitors
- Dell Thunderbolt Monitors
- Curved Monitors for PS5
- Large Touch Screen Monitors for Conference Rooms
- Monitors with Docking Stations
- OLED Monitors
- 1440p monitors for PS5
- 360Hz Gaming Monitors
- HDR and G-Sync Gaming Monitors
- Best 27-Inch Gaming Monitors
- Touch Screen Portable Monitors
- 27-Inch Curved Monitors
- 360Hz 27-Inch Gaming Monitors
- Curved Monitor with Webcam
- Monitors for Remote Work
- Ultra HD Monitors with USB-C
- 4K 120hz Monitor for Xbox Series X
- Cheap 4k Monitors for Gaming
- 4K Gaming Monitors Under $300
- Curved Monitors with Built-in KVM
- 1440p G-Sync Monitors for Nvidia RTX GPUs
- Budget Monitors for Dell Inspiron PCs
- Monitors for Content Creation with Nvidia RTX
- Ultra-wide Gaming Monitors Compatible with Nvidia RTX
- LG Ultra-Wide Monitors
- Thunderbolt Monitors for Mac
- 5k2k [2160p] Ultrawide Monitor
- 360Hz Gaming Monitors Under $500
- TVs for PS5
- Monitors for Mac Mini
- 360Hz Gaming Monitors for eSports