There is a labor shortage in several countries because of COVID-19. The workforce and economies of different countries have been significantly impacted by the pandemic. As a result, governments around the world have introduced the Job Seeker visa. With this visa, foreign nationals are permitted to enter the country, look for employment, and engage in work activities for a set amount of time, or until their visa expires.
When they land a job, they must get a work permit in order to remain in the country.
Top 5 Countries that Offer Job Seeker Visa
The following countries provide a job seeker visa:
- United Arab Emirates
1- United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates provides visitors with visit visas who are looking for jobs. You can apply for a job seeker visa with a 60, 90, or 120 day validity.
Eligibility Requirements for the Job Seeker Visa in the UAE
You have to meet the following conditions in order for your application to be accepted:
- Bachelor’s degree required (minimum educational level required)
- The ability to support oneself while visiting the country.
- Must be a graduate of one of the top 500 universities in the world and classified as having the first, second, or third skill level according to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- You must possess a valid passport.
How to Apply in the UAE for a Job Seeker Visa
You must go to the UAE embassy in your home country to apply for a Job Seeker visa in the UAE. The steps for obtaining a Job Seeker visa in the UAE are listed below.
- Creating an account on the website (www.gdrfad.gov.ae) is necessary if you don’t already have one.
- Choose the appropriate service.
- Include/upload all required documentation.
- Pay the fee
- Send your application in, then wait for a response.
In Germany, the Job Seeker visa was first made available in 2012, and since then, it has grown in popularity.
Germany Qualified professionals may stay in Germany and look for employment prospects with a Job Seeker visa, which is a long-stay visa. The Job Seeker visa in Germany is valid for six months. You must be a citizen of a country outside of the European Union to apply for a German job seeker visa. European Union citizens may work in Germany without a visa.
Eligibility Requirements for the Job Seeker Visa in Germany
You must follow these steps in order to be granted a job seeker visa in Germany:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in your field.
- Qualifications must be accepted in Germany or must be equivalent to a degree obtained there.
- Show proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while you are in Germany.
- Get medical or travel insurance. It ought to be good for the duration of your stay in Germany or up until you receive a work permit.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in Germany?
At the German embassy or consulate in your country, you must apply for a Germany Job Seeker visa. Once you are certain that you meet the requirements to apply,
The steps for applying are listed below.
- Gather all the paperwork needed for a visa for job seekers.
- Fill out an online application.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Apply for a visa in person at the embassy with the necessary paperwork.
- Attend the interview at the consulate or embassy.
The Job Seeker Visa was recently introduced in Sweden. Highly qualified individuals with job seeker visas are able to look for work while in Sweden. The visa is valid for 3 months,
Eligibility Requirements for the Job Seeker Visa in Sweden
You must fulfill the following requirements in order to be eligible for a job seeker visa:
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or other advanced degree is required.
- You must have full-coverage medical insurance.
- Throughout your stay in the country, you must be able to support yourself.
- You must not be a Swedish national.
- You need to be prepared to hunt for employment or launch your own business. This includes coming up with a clear plan to do so.
- A passport that is valid throughout the duration of your stay is required.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in Sweden?
You must go to the Swedish embassy or consulate in your country to submit an application for the Job Seeker visa in Sweden. The following is the application procedure:
- Gather your documents
- Fill out the online application form
- Send your application form, the required paperwork, and the letter of consent to the Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country.
Austria is another country that provides highly qualified employees with a job seeker visa (category D visa) provided they are eligible, i.e., reach a minimum of 70 points in accordance with particular requirements. The Austrian job seeker visa is valid for six months.
Eligibility Requirements for the Job Seeker Visa in Austria
The prerequisites are divided down into particular skills and abilities, professional experience, language skills, age, and studies in Austria.
Language skills Points (maximum 10)
- English or German language skills A1 level (5)
- English or German language skills A2 level (10)
Education in Austria Points (maximum 10)
- Completed a program leading to a diploma or a bachelor’s or master’s degree (10)
- The second part of the diploma program or half of the required total ECTS (5)
Age Points (maximum 20)
- Up to 35 years of age 20
- Up to 40 years of age 15
- Up to 45 years of age 10
Special skills/qualifications Points (maximum 40 points)
- Graduation, the minimum duration of program: four years (20)
- In the subjects: technology, mathematics, informatics and natural sciences (30)
- PhD or Post-doctoral qualifications (40)
- Awards (20)
- Research and innovation activities (20)
- Work experience (per year 2) and (maximum 40)
- Six months of work experience in Austria (10)
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in Austria?
You must go to the embassy or consulate in your home country to apply for a Job Seeker visa for Austria. Therefore, the application procedure is as follows:
- Gather all the necessary paperwork.
- Application forms are accessible at the Austrian representative authority; fill them out.
- Send the application form and supporting documentation to the appropriate Austrian representative in person (embassy or consulate).
- Originals and copies of all required documentation must be presented. In the event that the documents are not in English, English translations must be provided.
Foreigners can enter Portugal with a job seeker visa to look for employment possibilities. The visa has a 120-day validity duration and is single-entry. You can extend a Portuguese job seeker visa for an additional 60 days.
Eligibility Requirements for the Job Seeker Visa in Portugal
Here are the prerequisites:
- Have health insurance.
- Have a passport that is valid for the full time you will be there.
- Have the funds necessary to support yourself while visiting Portugal.
- Possess a ticket with the departure and arrival dates stated on it (in case you cannot get a job).
How to Apply Portugal job seeker visa?
You must go to the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your home country to apply for a Job Seeker visa in Portugal.
You must gather the following documents:
- Your passport. It must be valid for at least three months after your return date.
two photographs. It must be current and in good shape.
- Proof of financial resources.
- Request for criminal record inquiry.
- Valid travel insurance.
- Transport document.
- Criminal record certificate. It can only be used if it is issued by the appropriate authority.
Once you have gathered all documents, you must submit those at an embassy or consulate in your home country and pay the expenses.