The unskilled job market in the United States, with opportunities for visa sponsorship, remains vibrant, providing a pathway for those seeking employment in the country. To embark on this journey, you can follow a few essential steps and leverage the internet to apply for jobs that align with your interests.
In cases where US employers are unable to find suitable candidates domestically for unskilled positions, they have the option to sponsor foreign unskilled workers to come to the US on an EB-3 visa.
EB-3 Unskilled Visa – Opportunity for Unskilled Workers
The EB-3 work visa stands as one of the most viable options for foreigners aspiring to work in unskilled roles within the United States. Employers have the ability to hire foreign workers for low-skilled and unskilled positions through the EB-3 Visa program. Here’s an overview of the process:
- The US Department of Labour (DOL) must first issue a Permanent Labour Certification to the employer.
- Subsequently, the employer will submit an immigration petition to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Upon USCIS approval of the petition, an invitation will be extended to the foreign worker to proceed with further processing.
Understanding Unskilled Jobs
Unskilled jobs encompass a range of positions that do not require specific skills, abilities, or specific qualifications. Typically, unskilled workers earn lower wages compared to skilled ones, often necessitating approximately one month of training.
Examples of Unskilled Jobs
Here are some examples of job categories that fall within the unskilled job classification:
- Stocking associate
- Agricultural worker
- Hotel housekeeper
- Food preparation worker
- Factory worker
- Janitorial worker
Application for Unskilled Jobs in the US with Visa Sponsorship in 2023
If you want to immigrate to the United States with a job offer for an unskilled position, consider the following steps:
- Utilize social media platforms, such as LinkedIn and other US-connected platforms, to search for job opportunities.
- Once you identify a job of interest, craft a compelling CV, and submit a job application, including your CV, to the US employer.
- If accepted, you will receive an offer letter along with instructions for the visa application process.
- After deciding your wage rate, your potential employer will file a petition for sponsorship with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Subsequently, a labor condition application will be submitted to the Department of Labor (DOL) for certification.
- The employer will also register with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Once the employer completes the sponsorship petition, you will be guided to apply for the visa.
Visa Application Requirements for Unskilled Jobs
After receiving a job offer letter from your sponsor, you will need to fulfill certain requirements for the visa application:
- Complete an online nonimmigrant form.
- Possess a valid passport.
- Provide details about your social media accounts.
- Present the job offer letter.
- Be of legal adult age (above 18).
High-Paying Unskilled Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship in 2023
Unskilled workers primarily engage in manual labor roles that do not require significant intellectual skills. Despite this, there are unskilled jobs in the United States that offer competitive compensation. Some examples include:
- Flight attendant
- Farm worker
- Property manager
- Administrative assistant
- Sales representative
- Construction worker
- Delivery driver
- Sanitation worker
- Tax preparer
- Mail processor
- Care associate
- Grounds maintenance worker
- Security guard
- Claims adjuster
- Food production worker
- Transport driver
- Stocking associate
- Veterinary assistant
Salary for Unskilled Workers in the USA
The income of unskilled workers in the United States varies depending on factors such as their employer and work experience. Typically, unskilled workers earn an annual salary ranging from $35,000 to $40,000, with hourly wages typically falling between $15 and $20.
US Companies Employing Unskilled Workers
Several US companies have a track record of hiring unskilled workers and may offer opportunities for visa sponsorship. Some of these companies include:
- Hood Communications
- Suny Oswego
- Harris Beach PLLC
- S&C Materials and Paving, Inc.
- McAninch Corporation
- Rock Valley College
- Bedford Nursing
- Nestle Professional
- Phil’s Home Improvements
To increase your chances of obtaining visa sponsorship, visit the official websites of these companies to explore job vacancies and submit your applications.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Qualifies a Person as an Unskilled Worker?
An individual is typically classified as an unskilled worker if they have lower educational attainment, such as a high school diploma, and lack specialized certifications. Jobs that do not require a specific educational level or particular experience are often open to unskilled workers.
How Can an Unskilled Employee Obtain a Green Card?
Unskilled individuals seeking a green card in the United States can apply through the EB-3 immigrant visa program, which is designed for individuals performing unskilled labor and possessing less than two years of job training or experience. The process requires obtaining a labor certification from the Department of Labor.
Can Unskilled Workers Immigrate to the USA?
Yes, US employers have the ability to sponsor unskilled workers for immigration to the United States through various visa programs, such as the EB-3 visa.
What is the EB-3 Unskilled Visa?
The EB-3 immigrant visa program permits some professional, skilled, and unskilled employees to receive US green cards or permanent resident status, allowing them to immigrate to the US.
What Are Unskilled Human Resources?
Unskilled human resources refer to individuals who lack specialized training or skills. They often hold jobs that do not require advanced education or expertise and may include occupations such as farmers, laborers, peons, watchmen, cleaners, and similar roles.