In this article, I am going to tell you about what is a research Question and how to build research questions on the basis of theoretical model?
What is a Research Question?
- A good research question is essential to guide your research paper project or thesis
- It pinpoints exactly what you want to find out and gives your work a clear focus and purpose the research questions specify what you want to learn about the topic they guide and structure the process of collecting and analyzing information
- It helps you to attain the purpose of your study
- Research questions are the translation of the problem of the organization into a specific need for information
Let’s make research questions on the basis of our proposed model.
For example, this is our theoretical framework and we have to write research questions on the basis of this model:
- stressor is independent variable (IV)
- exposure to cyber bullying is dependent variable (DV)
- Fear is mediator
- Reappraisal and Suppression are Moderators in the model
Let’s start to build research questions on the basis of given model.
First Research Question:
First we will start with independent and dependent variable and build first research question.
Q1- Does stressor have a significant impact on exposure to cyberbullying?
Second Research Question:
We will take mediator with independent variable.
Q2- Does stressor have a significant impact on Fear?
Third Research Question:
We will take Independent Variable moderator and mediator and write research question as,
Q3- How Reappraisal plays a Moderating role between Stressor and Fear?
Fourth Research Question:
Research question would be:
Q4- How Suppression plays Moderating role between Fear and exposure to cyberbullying?
Fifth Research Question:
Lastly in the last research question the relation of independent variable dependent variable and mediator would be,
Q5- How fear plays mediating role between stressor and exposure to cyberbullying?
So, on the basis of this research model we have built five research questions that are:
- Does stressor have a significant impact on exposure to cyberbullying?
- Does stressor have a significant impact on fear?
- How reappraisal plays a moderating role between stressor and fear?
- How suppression plays moderating role between fear and exposure to cyberbullying?
- How fear plays mediating role between stressor and exposure to cyberbullying?
Keep in mind you have to write research questions after deciding your IV, DV, Mediator, and Moderator.
Hope you like this article, the type of research questions that I have developed are related to casual study.
Causal study assumes that you can describe both the cause and effect variables and that you can show that they are related to each other.
Stay tuned for more articles!